Thanks to the co-financing provided by the IPA Adriatic CBC program, the City of Dubrovnik now has its first 3.5 km long recreational pedestrian-bike path, which better connects the residential-tourist area in the northwest section of the city. The modernly equipped pedestrian-bike path is now a connecting point for citizens and tourists.
Opening of the new path will be held on Thursday, the 20th February 2014.
Click on the picture to view the poster (in Croatian)
Download program (in Croatian)
Listen to the audio announcement of the event
09:30 Departure – special bus service will be operating between Pile and Rašica
10:00 Press Conference
- Dr. Andro Vlahušić, Mayor
- Zeljko Raguž, Deputy Mayor
- Milan Perić, Head of the Department of Enterprise, Tourism and the Sea
- Dinko Mirić , Head of the Department for Transport, Housing and Development Projects
- Biserka Simatović , Project Manager
- Đuro Deranja , Libertas Dubrovnik
- Romana Vlašić , Director of the Tourist Board Dubrovnik
- Vanda Kontić , Architect TLO STUDIO
10:30 Opening ceremony
- innovative performance of “Klub Vrtuljak “
- special surprise for the children
After the ceremony all participants are invited to use the path for walking, running, cycling or driving with Segway.
12:00 End of program, return from Rašice to Pila with special bus service